The policy and budgetary implications of Wisconsin’s budget repair bill will be explored at a La Follette School of Public Affairs forum today, Friday, February 25, from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in 114 Van Hise Hall.
Public affairs professors and a policy practitioner will bring their expertise to bear on the policy choices facing the state of Wisconsin, which is in the national spotlight as the Legislature and protesters debate budget proposals.
The event will include comments from:
- David Canon, La Follette School faculty affiliate and professor of political science
- George Lightbourn, president, Wisconsin Policy Research Institute; 1976 La Follette School alum; and former secretary of the Wisconsin Department of Administration
- Don Nelson, director, University of Wisconsin–Madison State Relations
- Tim Smeeding, arts and sciences distinguished professor of public affairs and director, Institute of Research on Poverty
- Andrew Reschovsky, professor of public affairs and applied economics
- John Witte, professor of public affairs and political science
Students, faculty, staff and members of the public are welcome to attend.