Democratic leaders and members of the Joint Committee on Finance announced yesterday they would hold nine public listening sessions over the next few weeks in an effort to receive more public input on the proposed state budget.
The Finance Committee is hosting four official public hearings — the first will be held tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18, in Brillion.
The Democratic listening session schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, March 19 from 5 to 8 pm, Common Council Chambers, Wisconsin Rapids
- Saturday, March 21 from 12 to 4 pm, UW-Marathon County Terrace Room, Wausau
- Saturday, March 21 from 10 am to 2 pm, Nicolet Technical College Room 207, Rhinelander
- Tuesday, March 24 from 4 to 7 pm, West High School Thune Center, Green Bay
- Saturday, March 28 from 10 am to 2 pm, Menomonie Public Library, Menomonie
- Saturday, March 28 from 12 to 4 pm, Common Council Chambers, Platteville
- Monday, March 30 from 4 to 7 pm, UW-Oshkosh Reeve Union, Oshkosh
- Tuesday, March 31 from 5 to 8 pm, Common Council Chambers, Dodgeville
- Saturday, April 11 from 10 am to 3 pm, UW-Eau Claire Centennial Hall, Eau Claire