The meeting will be the first for Interim President Tommy Thompson who began as president on July 1.
The Regents will consider approval of several agreements and plans before hearing an overview of Title IX and discussing plans to reopen campuses this fall. The full agenda is below:
The Regents meet in committee Thursday morning:
- The Audit Committee will discuss several items relating to internal audit, pandemic disruption, and compliance.
- The Capital Planning & Budget Committee will hear several reports and consider authorization to complete the design and construction of UW-Madison’s Chemistry 2nd Floor Wang Laboratory Renovation project.
- The Research, Economic Development & Innovation Committee will hear three perspectives on research, economic development and innovation in light of COVID-19 from committee chair Robert Atwell.
- The Business & Finance Committee hear several reports and consider approval of two contracts.
- The Education Committee will consider approval of several new degree programs, including a Master of Science: Business — Analytics at UW-Madison; changes to Regent Policy Document 20-2 (Student Evaluation of Instruction); and the 2020 Report on Faculty Promotions, Tenure Designations, and Other Changes of Status. The committee will also consider approval of the creation of six new schools at UW-Stevens Point, a reorganization that was the result of two-years of strategic planning and discussion.
The full board meets at 12:45 pm. They will hear reports from Board President Andrew Petersen and UW System President Ray Cross. They will also consider approval of the 2020-21 annual operating budget and hear presentations on student behavioral health and the seamless transfer program. The board concludes in closed session.