The Special Task Force on UW Restructuring and Operational Flexibilities will meet for the third time on Wednesday, February 8. The meeting will be held from 9 am to 12:30 pm in Room 412 East of the State Capitol.
The meeting will focus on the relationship between the University of Wiconsin System and its two doctoral campuses — UW-Madison and UW-Milwaukee. Interim Chancellor David Ward and Chancellor Mike Lovell will represent their respective institutions. The task force will also consider the following questions:
- What role should the Legislature, the Board of Regents, and the chancellors have in setting tuition levels?
- Should governing or advisory boards be created at the institutional level?
The following materials are included as background information:
- Legislative Fiscal Bureau Discussion Paper: Tuition
- Legislative Fiscal Bureau Discussion Paper: Institutional Advisory and Governing Boards
- University of Wisconsin Required Reports
- Role, Scope, Mission, and Purposes of Multicampus Systems, a paper by D. Bruce Johnstone, Distinguished Service Professor of Higher and Comparative Education Emeritus
- A letter from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Faculty Senate Executive Committee