The Legislature’s Joint Finance Committee will meet today and Thursday in Room 412 East in the State Capitol. Livestream coverage is available on WisconsinEye. Links to Legislative Fiscal Bureau budget papers are here.
Joint Finance Committee Co-chairs Senator Alberta Darling (R-River Hills) and Representative John Nygren (R-Marinette) announced Monday the committee would postpone action on the Department of Transportation and instead take up Medical Assistance Thursday. Action on the University of Wisconsin System is expected sometime next week.
PROFS continues to meet with legislative leaders, including Assembly Speaker Robin Vos (R-Rochester) and Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau), to explain why the current budget proposal is bad for the university, bad for students, and bad for the Wisconsin economy.
Executive action will be taken on the following topics this week:
- Wisconsin Health and Educational Facilities Authority
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- Budget Management and Compensation Reserves
- Department of Employee Trust Funds
- Drug Screening and Testing
- Department of Corrections
- Department of Public Instruction
- Government Accountability Board
- Department of Financial Institutions and Professional Standards
- Department of Financial Institutions
- Department of Safety and Professional Services
- Forward Wisconsin Development Authority/Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC)
- Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority
- Department of Health Services, including Medical Assistance