The University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents will meet at UW-Madison’s Gordon Dining and Event Center Thursday and Friday, July 11 and 12. Livestream coverage of the full board portions of the meeting is here.
The board meets in committee Thursday morning:
- The Education Committee will consider approval of several degree programs throughout UW-System and the faculty layoff and termination policies at UW-La Crosse and UW-Platteville.
- The Business and Finance Committee will consider contractual agreements at several campuses and hear an update on the title and total compensation study.
- The Capital Planning and Budget Committee will discuss several construction projects and hear updates on the State Building Commission and capital budget.
- The Research, Economic Development, and Innovation Committee will hear updates on several programs, including one from the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation.
- The Audit Committee will hear an update on internal audits and UW System’s response to the Legislative Audit Bureau’s annual UW System audit.
The full board meets Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. The meeting begins with the introduction of new Regents and an update from UW System President Ray Cross.
Later, the board will vote on 2019-20 annual operating budget. All four-year campuses, including UW-Madison, are slated for modest fee increases of .1-2 percent. The board will also hear presentations on UW System’s Wisconsin Small Business Development Center Network, student behavioral health, and UW System’s shared financial and human resources systems.
Friday, the board will hear updates from Regent President Drew Petersen and UW System President Ray Cross. UW-Madison Pediatrics Professor Dipesh Navsaria will participate in a panel discussion on early child brain development. Former Regents Regina Millner and Mark Tyler will also be recognized for their service to the board.