The University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents will meet at UW-Whitewater Thursday and Friday, December 5 and 6. All meetings take place in the James R. Connor University Center, 228 Wyman Mall. Livestream coverage of the full board portions of the meeting is here.
Regents meet in committee Thursday morning:
- The Audit and Business and Finance Committees will meet jointly to discuss the annual external audit and the Legislative Audit Bureau Report on Personnel Systems Recommendations.
- The Audit Committee will hear a presentation on key risks in higher education and discuss the internal audit and internal controls and enterprise risk management.
- The Capital Planning and Budget Committee will hear a presentation from UW-Whitewater on deferred maintenance and consider several capital projects and lease agreements throughout UW System.
- The Research, Economic Development and Innovation Committee will preview the Regent Scholar Grant Program and hear presentations on transforming communities through data and high tech food production.
- The Business and Finance Committee will hear reports on compensation, faculty turnover, operational excellence and trust funds and consider several contractual agreements, including six at UW-Madison.
- The Education Committee will consider several new degree programs and hear reports on UW-Madison enrollment, the Wisconsin Partnership Program, and the Freshwater Collaborative of Wisconsin.
The full board meets Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. Thursday, UW System President Ray Cross and UW-Whitewater Chancellor Dwight Watson will speak before the board moves into closed session. Friday, the board will hear a report from Regent President Andrew Petersen, including updates on chancellor searches at UW-Green Bay and UW-Stout and the UW System president search.