The Regents meet in committee Thursday morning:
- The Audit Committee will discuss several items relating to internal audit, pandemic disruption, and compliance.
- The Capital Planning & Budget Committee will hear several reports and consider authorization to complete the design and construction of UW-Madison’s Chemistry 2nd Floor Wang Laboratory Renovation project.
- The Research, Economic Development & Innovation Committee will hear three perspectives on research, economic development and innovation in light of COVID-19 from committee chair Robert Atwell.
- The Business & Finance Committee hear several reports and consider approval of two contracts.
- The Education Committee will consider approval of several new degree programs, including a Master of Science: Business — Analytics at UW-Madison; changes to Regent Policy Document 20-2 (Student Evaluation of Instruction); and the 2020 Report on Faculty Promotions, Tenure Designations, and Other Changes of Status. The committee will also consider approval of the creation of six new schools at UW-Stevens Point, a reorganization that was the result of two-years of strategic planning and discussion.
The full board meets at 12:45 pm. They will hear reports from Board President Andrew Petersen and UW System President Ray Cross. They will also consider approval of the 2020-21 annual operating budget and hear presentations on student behavioral health and the seamless transfer program. The board concludes in closed session.