This morning, the board met in closed session before breaking to meet in committee:
- The Audit Committee heard several reports and updates on Title IX investigations and information technology security.
- The Capital Planning and Budget Committee discussed several construction projects and real estate agreements.
- The Research, Economic Development, and Innovation Committee heard several updates, including one from the new UW-Madison School of Computer, Data & Information Sciences.
- The Business and Finance Committee heard several reports and discussed two collective bargaining agreements with the Building and Construction Trades Council of South Central Wisconsin and a half dozen contractual agreements at UW-Madison and UW-Milwaukee.
- The Education Committee considered approval of eight new degree programs at UW-Madison, along with two others from UW-Parkside. They also had the second reading of revised mission statement for UW-Stout and UW-Whitewater.
The full board will meet at 1 pm and hear updates from Regent President Ed Manydeeds and Interim President Tommy Thompson. UW-Oshkosh President Andrew Leavitt will also speak on the role of the comprehensive university, and Dr. Eve Fine will discuss unconscious bias and assumptions when evaluating job prospects. Fine is Director of Curriculum and Development at UW-Madison’s Women in Science and Engineering Leadership Institute. The board will conclude its work this afternoon in closed session.
Friday, the board will consider approval of committee action, hear a presentation on the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, and present the 2021 University Staff Excellence Awards.