Assembly Speaker Jeff Fitzgerald (R-Horicon) and Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau) named 12 members to the Special Task Force on UW Restructuring and Operational Flexibilities. The task force was created in Act 32, the 2011-13 state budget, to study the possible restructuring of UW System. It is comprised of 17 members, 12 of whom were appointed Friday.
Representative Fitzgerald appointed the following members:
- Representative Stephen Nass (R-Whitewater)
- Represenative Pat Strachota (R-West Bend)
- Joe Alexander, former student member, UW System Board of Regents
- Tim Higgins, former member, Wisconsin Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Fred Mohs, former member, UW System Board of Regents
- Richard Wells, Chancellor, UW-Oshkosh
Senator Fitzgerald appointed the following members:
- Senator Sheila Harsdorf (R-River Falls)
- Joanne Brandes, member, Carroll University Board of Directors
- Ray Cross, Chancellor, UW Colleges and Extension
- Renee Ramirez, former chair, Wisconsin Alumni Association
- Dennis Shields, Chancellor, UW-Platteville
- Mark Tyler, President, Wisconsin Technical College Board
Representative Peter Barca previously announced his appointment of newly-elected Representative Steve Doyle (D-Onalaska) to the committee. Four members have yet to be announced — one by Senate Minority Leader Mark Miller (D-Monona), two by Governor Scott Walker, and one by Representative Robin Vos (R-Burlington) and Senator Alberta Darling (R-River Hills), the co-chairs of the Joint Finance Committee. The member appointed by Vos and Darling will serve as chair of the task force.