PROFS Steering Committee member Sue Babcock was named to the University of Wisconsin System President search and screen committee last week.
Babcock, a materials science and engineering professor, will serve on the 18-member committee chaired by Regent Vice President Regina Millner and is the only committee member with ties to UW-Madison.
The committee is comprised of regents, former regents, and UW faculty, staff, and students:
- Regina Millner, Regent Vice President (Chair)
- Susan Babcock, Professor, Material Science and Engineering, UW-Madison
- Mark Bradley, Regent
- Danae Davis, Regent Emerita
- Lane Earns, Provost, UW-Oshkosh
- Erik Ernst, Promotion Manager, Wisconsin Public Television, UW-Extension
- Debbie Ford, Chancellor, UW-Parkside
- Freda Harris, Associate Vice President, Budget and Planning, UW System Administration
- Tim Higgins, Regent
- Karen Klyczek, Professor, Biology, UW-River Falls
- Heba Mohammad, Senior, History and Political Science, and Student Government Association President, UW-Green Bay
- Janice Mueller, Regent
- Drew Petersen, Regent
- Gary Roberts, Regent
- Jay Smith, Regent Emeritus
- Al Thompson, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, UW-Stevens Point
- Mark Tyler, Regent Emeritus
- Robert Wilson, Lead Custodian, Cartwright Center, UW-La Crosse
The committee will meet for the first time on September 6 to begin the search to replace outgoing UW System president Kevin Reilly. It is expected to forward the names of five candidates to a regent selection committee chaired by Regent President Michael Falbo. Regents John Behling, Margaret Farrow, Tracy Hribar, Edward Manydeeds, and Gerald Whitburn will serve on that committee.