The University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents is meeting at UW-Madison today and tomorrow, February 2 and 3. All meetings will be held in Union South, 1308 West Dayton Street. Livestream coverage of full board meetings is here.
Regents meet in committee Thursday morning.
- The Education Committee will consider UW-Superior’s post-tenure review policy, discuss a new UW-Madison bachelor of science degree in education studies, and hear a presentation on UW-Madison educational updates.
- The Business and Finance Committee will review a proposed Regent policy document on application fees, hear reports on financial management and gifts, grants and contracts, and consider approval of a UW-Madison School of Business Dean’s salary range that exceeds 75% of the UW System President.
- The Capital Planning and Budget Committee will consider approval of two UW-Madison projects, discuss criteria for ranking campus building projects, and hear and update on UW-Madison’s Campus Master Plan.
- The Research, Economic Development, and Innovation Committee will hear a presentation led by Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education Marsha Mailick on strengthening UW-Madison’s research capacity. The committee will also hear presentations on dairy science at UW-River Falls and community and research collaboration.
- The Audit Committee will discuss several reports, including the audit plan progress report and reports related to cash handling, purchase cards NCAA compliance, international education, and emergency preparedness.
The full board will meet Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. On Thursday, Chancellor Rebecca Blank will discuss the need for reinvestment in UW-Madison and UW System Vice President James Henderson will highlight the alignment between UW System’s academic programs and the state’s workforce needs.
On Friday, UW-Madison will present its Annual NCAA Division I Athletics report and UW System President Ray Cross will provide an update on the state budget process. The Regents will also present the 2017 Diversity Awards.